Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rest Day

Today was a rest day. It snowed this morning and rained/drizzled all afternoon. It was a good day to do nothing. We watched some TV. And by that I mean we literally watched the TV; all the programming is in German. We didn’t understand a freaking word. We eventually got bored and ventured outside to see “Into the Wild” at a local movie theatre (German subtitles for the locals). Going to the movies in Switzerland is such a different experience. First of all, the Swiss have a reserved seating system. We actually picked out the row and seat numbers when we purchased the tickets. Second, the concession stand served beer and wine. They also offered free cheese and bread. Seriously, they had a cheese plate right there on the counter. To the horror of the other patrons, I attacked like I had been the one out there starving in Alaska for four months (see the movie if you didn’t catch that). Third, midway through the movie the screen went dark and lights came on. I was about to storm up to the ticket counter to angrily demand a refund, until I realized it was a planned intermission. It was actually perfect timing, since I needed to go to the bathroom anyway – thanks for the genetic defect, Mom. First day of work tomorrow. Should do some more traveling later in the week and get some more pictures on here.

1 comment:

Mom - Cheryl said...

Genetic defects...I think intermissions at theaters are a great idea! :-)...and free cheese! wow...wouldn't need to add all that butter to the popcorn with that available.

YES....I really liked "Into the Wild" and have been trying to find it state side to go with Fred. Wilmington library has a copy (which seems to be always out)...eventually.

BUT...not for a while as I'M IN FLORIDA.

I'm SOOOoooo happy you have the Blog up and going! YEA!!!! I have it book marked and will check back OFTEN! After all I'm one of your and Pam's BIGGEST (hey...be nice now)groupie fans for your "Swiss Tour"!

Sunshine calls me...MUCH Love to both of you.
Mom