Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday Morning Run


(Pam): I decided to go for a run this morning. I went a different route from the one last week (mostly hills) -- following instructions from one of Brian’s coworkers who used to live in the area. He told us there was a nice trail heading south along the river toward Belp. It was beautiful and relatively flat. Along the way I noticed a lovely outdoor restaurant by the water, which might be nice to go to when the weather warms up. There was also a zoo where, from the running path, I was able to see buffaloes, rams, and several lovely white swans in a lake. I was really enjoying myself despite the cold (my hands felt frostbitten!). The trail seemed to keep going for miles, tracking the winding river upstream into the Alps. I turned around after only about 1 ½ miles and quickly headed back to home to warm my hands. I am going to need to pick up the pace a bit soon as Brian and I are planning a 10 mile run around Bern next month that is pretty major here. It’s probably second to the big celebrations that we are hearing about in June for the Euro Cup.

After shower and breakfast, I went to an internet café and then spent some time walking through Old Town. I found a post office and checked out a pharmacy to see what brands they carried (seems like everything). I also walked into a hair salon and made an appointment for Wednesday. Despite the cold, it was a really clear day. In fact, I was able to see all the way to the Alps for the first time since we arrived in Bern.

I met Brian after work for a walk and we were able to get some great pictures of the Alps which we would have savored more had we known that it would be cloudy and raining for the rest of the week!

No comments: