Monday, April 14, 2008

“Die Katze schläft”

Thank you for the comments. We really enjoy reading them!!!

The weekdays are starting to feel a bit more normal around here, albeit with Curling on the German language sports station being the most interesting thing to watch on TV. We have no idea what is going on, but the rabid fans with face paint provide endless amusement. Hmm….wonder if the Swiss feel the same about NFL football fans? Anyway, a technician is finally scheduled to come out on Thursday to hook up our internet connection. That should provide some much needed alternative programming.

Today was a wash out -- cold and raining. With nothing better to do, I loaded the Rosetta Stone language software on our computer after work. Chelsea curled up on the bed near me while I struggled through the first lesson. Coincidently, one of the first phrases I learned: “Die Katze schläft” (i.e., the cat sleeps)!

P.S. I have a couple of interesting addendums to the Fribourg post (4/12). My office mate, Arno, returned to work today. Turns out he lives in Fribourg and commutes to Bern every day. He mentioned the Finacular we rode on Saturday is actually powered by the city’s sewage system (seriously) -- thought I smelled something funky on the way up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe they can change the name to "Funky town" well at least they're not letting anything go to waste har har:)...
ann

terryoh said...

I checked with my Fribourgoise alums and they tell me that the funicular was there when we were. I don't ever remember using it since the Georgetown guys lived on the other side of town above the gare, across from the university on Rue de Jura. Just can't stop looking at those pics!! We lived in a compound that was an international student house by the tracks. Somebody told me it's now a condo.