Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tourist Attraction

Today we went to the Bundesplatz in Bern's Old Town, where they have an outdoor market every Tuesday and Saturday morning. We picked out some flowers and potted plants for our balcony, then headed to the store to buy an outdoor grill. It was a great day for a BBQ!

After much debate, we finally decided on the deluxe Elektrogrill 4071 -- 1500W of pure grilling power for the ultimate outdoor barbecuing experience! Unfortunately, amid all the excitement, I didn't give much consideration to how I was going to get the 100 lb. box back home. I ended up dragging the @%$& thing right down Marketgasse (past all the gawking tourists). I'm sure there's an unflattering picture out there of me heaving and dripping with sweat on someone else's blog by now. Nice.

Anyway, I finally got the grill home and fired it up. Well, technically there was no fire...but you know what I mean. It was delicious all the same. We ate hamburgers and sausages, with rice and corn on the side. Afterward, I enjoyed a nice cigar while Chelsea proceeded to destroy our new flowers. :) It was a great day. Here are some pictures.

1 comment:

usjoh said...

OK, I have to ask. Did you bring that Sam Adams with you or did you really find a Boston beer in Bern?