Friday, May 23, 2008

It's a wrap...

(Pam) Today was my last day in German class. Overall, it was worthwhile. I am satisfied with how I did, since I had no exposure to the language before (besides the standard "Guten Tag" and "Gute Nacht"). Now, menus and ordering are much easier. I also don't have to hold up my fingers to say how many products I need when I am buying anything. Although, some pronunciations like "zwei" for the number 2 is still a challenge. I also met a few people -- like Carmin and Tony.  Carmin invited me to her son's birthday part next Friday.  At the end, there were only four others left in the class. The rest were much more advanced and departed for the next level. 

I do plan to take the next level so I can be somewhat conversational but, I am taking a few weeks off to relax after such a strenuous class! Actually, I plan to use the next couple weeks to search for some volunteer work. There are not many charitable organizations in Bern as the government takes care of this. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job on the class!!
See you soon!!
xoxo
Cath