Thursday, September 11, 2008

Arrive in London

(Pam) Brian and I arrived in London last night to stay through Sunday. Brian is here for work, but we decided to stay through Sunday to spend some time with my cousin Pet and her family. Pet took Thursday and Friday off from work so I was really happy and it was so good to be around family. We decided to go to the London Eye as it did not exist the last time I was in London. Even though it was cloudy there were some really good views. It took all of 30 mins on the eye itself so there was not enough time to get dizzy. I guess it only does a half rotation.

After the London Eye, I wanted to hit some shops on Oxford St. I got a great jacket at this new store, Primark which is like H&M (discount shopping!!). When we got on the tube there were Primark bags everywhere. I was exhausted though, Oxford St. reminded me of NYC - hectic! After being in Switzerland it was a nice change though. We headed back to Pet's place for some dinner and then I left to meet up with Brian. I spent about an hour on the underground because I got lost but all ended well and Brian and I had a drink at a bar near the Victoria station. It was a relief to ask directions and not have to worry if the person speaks English as is usually not the case in Switzerland. See slide show here.

No comments: